Monday, March 6, 2017

Quest to Find the Longest Trip on the MBTA

Trip Planner Itinerary for Providence to Fitchburg
MBTA trips come in various shapes and sizes. Sometimes it's as simple as hopping on the subway at one stop and getting off at the next (sound familiar BU students on the B line?). Other times, it's an impressive trek across multiple lines and spanning multiple cities. The hours in transit can really add up on these trips. At Weird MBTA, we're on a quest to find the longest one-way weekday trip you can take on the T.

So far, the leader is Providence to Fitchburg which totals 199 minutes on Commuter Rail and Subway trains. That's 3 hours and 19 minutes of riding the T if it runs perfect. You can take the Silver Line to Logan and fly to Florida in about the same amount of time. Can you find a longer one-way trip on a weekday using the trip planner tool on the MBTA web page? If you do, send us a screen shot of the trip and we'll give you a shout out on various social media channels. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. At first I got confused when I saw the longest trip on MBTA because I thought that due to delays and breakdowns no one would ever figure it out. But then I read it again and I saw “using the planner tool.” It was clearly written there. My bad! I am good now!

    ReplyDelete